- Section 43A of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPDI Rules”); and
- Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including sensitive personal data or information;
- The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information;
- How and to whom such information will be disclosed; and
- How the information collected is going to be protected?
3. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
A. Information Collection
- Information You Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide us with certain Protected Information. We may collect this information through various means and in various places through the Services, including account registration forms, contact us forms, or when you otherwise interact with us. You may be asked to provide us certain details, such as
- » Contact data such as your name, email address and mobile number
- » Demographic data such as zip code, city, country
- » Other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us
- Information We Collect As You Access And Use Our Services
- » In addition to any Protected Information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services.
- » In case of booking an order via a call, PickupBasket may record calls for quality and training purposes.
- Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect about you through our website or Mobile Application or Services with outside records from third parties.
- Information Collected By Mobile Applications
When you use any of our Mobile Applications, the Mobile Application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device in addition to the Device Information, including without limitation:
- Location Information:
» Depending on the particular PickupBasket service you use, and your app settings or device permissions, PickupBasket may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi.
- » Customers may use the PickupBasket app without enabling PickupBasket to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your PickupBasket app.
- Transaction Information:
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, delivery distance, and other related transaction details.
- Address book and calendar information:
If you permit the PickupBasket app to access the address book and calendar on your device, we may collect names, contact and calendar information from your device to facilitate social interactions through our services.
- Any Other Information:
To allow us to personalize and improve the services and content available through the Website and Mobile Applications!
B. Nature of Information
- Personal Information
The information collected from you by the Company may constitute ‘Personal Information’ or ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ under the SPDI Rules, such as
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as Personal Information or sensitive personal data or information.
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- information received by corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- Call data records, etc.
- Non-Personal Information
pickupbasket.com may also gather several other information from you when you visit our website or app, including your browser type, operating system, IP address, ISP (internet service provider), and the URL of previous website you visited. This non-personal information may further be used to improve our services.
C. Accuracy of the Information
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to PickupBasket Website or Mobile Application. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, the Company may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of its services including the Services provided to you.
D. Collection of Information for lawful purpose:
4. Use of Information Collected
PickupBasket does not rent, sell or share your personal information to third parties for any direct marketing purposes. However, it reserves the right to use the User Information provided by or about the User for the following purposes:
- Allowing you to set up a user account and profile
- Publishing such information on the End-User Account in the Application
- Providing, personalizing, maintaining and improving its services available through the Website and Mobile Applications
- Enabling Communications and Promotions
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility
- Monitoring and improving the content and usage of PickupBasket
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
- Investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations
- Legal proceedings and requirements
- Any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Additionally, we may also draw upon this Personal Information for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non- personally identifiable form for research, advertising including advertising by third parties, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties, affiliates or connected Service Partners. However, Service Partners do not have any independent right to share this information.
Information that does not personally identify the Users as an individual, is collected by the Company from Users, stored in a non-personally identifiable aggregated form (such as, patterns of utilization described above) and is exclusively owned by the Company. You hereby consent to such use of such information by the Company.
5. How and When Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
PickupBasket may share the information we collect:
- When You Agree to Receive Information from Third Parties
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
We use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, provide or perform certain aspects of the services on our behalf. These third parties may have access to your information.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons
We cooperate with Government and Law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information to Government or law enforcement officials or private parties.
- When You Share Information
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as PickupBasket blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
6. What is the Mode and Manner of Using the Information?
The Company may require the User to pay with a credit card, debit card, cash on delivery, net banking, or eWallet for provided services. The Company will collect such User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of such credit card number and information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process.
7. Information Collected By the Delivery Boy
8. Confidentiality and Security
» It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone. The Company does not undertake any liability for any un-authorized use of your login to PickupBasket including Account and Password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your login to PickupBasket including Account, you must immediately notify the Company by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
» Notwithstanding the above, the Company is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties.
9. Choice and Transparency
PickupBasket provides means for you to see and control the information that PickupBasket collects, including through:
- Device permissions:
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the PickupBasket app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the PickupBasket app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
- In-app ratings pages
After the completion of an order, there will be an option available within your PickupBasket account to rate the service from one to five stars. Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us maintain a high standard of service.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information:
You can edit your name, phone number and email address associated with your account through ‘My Account’ section given within your PickupBasket account. You can also look up your orders and deliveries history in the PickupBasket account.
- Marketing opt-outs:
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from PickupBasket at anytime. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from PickupBasket by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your deliveries, information about your account, or the details of your order.
10. Email Address for Privacy Questions
We may occasionally update this policy. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. To the extent permitted under applicable law, you consent to our updates to this policy if you’re using our services.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in India. Any dispute with respect to this document will be settled by a court of appropriate jurisdiction in Noida, India only.